WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Are you passionate about Public Relations and Communications? Then you’re in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the public relations space. Is this you? Read on…
WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Throughout our 25-year history, Insomniac has produced almost 400 festivals, concerts and club nights for over 4 million attendees in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New York, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom, with expansions into Brazil, China, Japan and India. Insomniac’s premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, and attracted more than 400,000 fans over three days in May 2018. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
Assist the Communications & Public Relations Department
- Deliver daily Insomniac press clips to the company
- Attend department meetings and sit in on department conference calls
- Monitor and respond to emails at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manage media requests sent to email@example.com for club shows and festivals
- Manage and maintain the press.insomniac.com site with current festival information
- Assist in media request approvals and denials for all club shows and festivals
- Help maintain the communication’s Dropbox with current press releases, images, general event information and all other documents, as needed
- Assist in the creation of Electronic Press Kits for festivals and brands
- Create a “Festival Book” for each festival with all relevant event information including staff list, crisis communications messages etc.
- Draft and edit content for press releases, festival recaps, news articles and other as needed
- Coordinate with outside firms on fact checking, announcement schedules and accompanying media assets
- Pull photo selects following concerts and branded shows
- Collect and source data for internal research projects and pitch decks
- Project-manage various other short-term assignments, as requested
- Provide support at events on site as needed
- All other press related duties as requested
- Must be 18 years of age and currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school
- Must provide documentation from school that you will be receiving college credit for internship
- Must be able to work out of Beverly Hills, CA office at least two days a week for four hours each day
- Typical commitment is 10-16 hours per week
- Must be motivated with an “Everything is possible” attitude
- Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
- Knowledge of dance music and Insomniac’s brands
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- May work in drastic temperature climates
- Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.