Compass Lexecon - Los Angeles CA
Internship Category: Paid
- We are currently looking for an Analyst to join our Competition practice in our Century City, CA office.
Analysts are responsible for the completion of qualitative and quantitative research and analysis projects. While each project presents a different set of challenges, Analysts can generally expect to perform extensive data analyses, conduct industry research, and review case evidence. Analysts are involved in nearly all aspects of project work, interacting closely with other analysts, economists and case supervisors in researching and analyzing data used to prepare final work product. Analysts are expected to demonstrate sound analytical judgment and to progress to a level of initiative consistent with the ability to satisfactorily recommend appropriate research, analyses and actions and to implement them with continued consultation of supervisors.
Research and Analysis:
Work Product Preparation:
- Collects specific information (quantitative and qualitative) from identified sources as instructed by supervisors.
- Utilizes appropriate resources (e.g., Internet, library, subscription services, colleagues, etc.) to identify the range of sources of relevant information, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Identifies, collects and communicates relevant information (e.g., price; included and excluded information; dates of coverage, etc.).
- Interprets collected information so that it can be used by economists and case supervisors in the preparation of their expert reports and analyses.
- Successfully expands scope of research as suggested by supervisors.
- Executes projects (qualitative and quantitative) as instructed by, and communicates actions to, supervisors.
- Successfully incorporates modifications to projects and analyses as requested by supervisors.
- Identifies and communicates data, information and/or inconsistencies to supervisors.
- Utilizes case-specific documents (e.g., depositions, trial transcripts, expert reports, produced documents, etc.) to identify information specified by supervisors.
- Summarizes and extracts information relevant to the arguments of the case from case-specific documents.
- Analyzes data used in client projects when asked by supervisors.
- Formulates and utilizes basic data modeling as requested by supervisors.
- Effectively creates, organizes and maintains document lists and other methods for internal document management.
- Effectively documents research and analyses to facilitate communication of progress.
- Synthesizes large amounts of data into a clear and concise summary using Excel or statistical software.
- Produces graphical or tabular exhibits using PC software applications or programming on the mainframe.
- Creates and organizes documentation and backup of work product in hard copy or electronic file format.
- Proofreads and identifies errors in charts, tables and other work products.
- 0-3 years of experience is preferred. Internships will be taken into consideration
- Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in economics or a related field. Significant coursework in economics, mathematics and statistics a plus.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative research and analysis skills.
Position Classification: Non- ExemptA resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript and writing sample are required for a complete application.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Programming Skills.
- Basic knowledge of SAS, Stata or other statistical software.
- Prior experience working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks and demands.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent time/stress management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation and benefits are competitive with other major economic consulting firms.Compass Lexecon is an economic consulting company with headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. It provides analysis of economic issues for use…