Title: Philanthropy Intern (Fall 2019, FOR CREDIT ONLY)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world’s preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment—with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world’s most recognizable names: from Rihanna, Shakira, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Yoenis Cespedes, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We’ve forged strong partnerships with the world’s leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Roc Nation, One of Live Nation’s joint ventures, is seeking an intern for their philanthropy department. The philanthropy department offers comprehensive philanthropic support and advisement services to professional artists, athletes, influencers and executives in order to help them maximize the impact of their charitable platforms and initiatives. The intern will be assigned based on skill set, passion, and capabilities, but will have the capacity to be flexible and serve in a variety of areas regardless of concentration. The internship will allow students to gain first-hand knowledge and experience in a wide array of areas, including but not limited to the below.
Areas interns will be learning about:
- How to manage multiple business priorities; how to summarize and write briefs for important meetings and calls; how to filed live and written communications
- How to manage email accounts for client foundations, vetting inquiries and fielding them appropriately
- How to consolidate and update monthly company reports. The maintenance of clean and accurate accounts of all client initiatives and programs
- Special projects as needed
Marketing and Communications
- How to create frequent engaging digital content to post on client foundations’ socials
- Putting together weekly updates on client foundation programs
- How to keep the donor community informed via newsletter updates
- How to assist with website updates and maintenance
- How to provide support with fundraising initiatives and events including but not limited to coordinating mailings, liaising with vendors, assisting event team members, and maintaining event attendance records for large and small-scale fundraisers;
- The execution and fulfillment of auctions including acquiring experiences and memorabilia, writing copy, taking photos, tracking and fulfillment
- How to research and launch digital fundraising and crowdfunding opportunities, co-venture opportunities and more
- How to organize and maintain a fundraising calendar of deadlines, meetings, appointments
- How to maintain accurate and updated contact list and database
Program and Project Management
- How to provide logistical support for the launching and execution of client programs, including coordinating mailings, liaising with vendors, assisting event team members, and maintaining event attendance records, and follow-up as needed
- How to support program research, implementation and evaluation efforts, keeping track of impact outcomes
- The coordination and execution of activities for individual clients in various markets providing logistical and technical and communication support for successful execution
- The planning and execution of company-wide programs
- The distribution of in-kind goods to charitable organizations
- The vetting and summarizing inquiries from charitable organizations and corporate institutions for management and clients’ review and approval
- The preparation of invoices and expense reports
- How to process incoming and outgoing gifts, from receipt to acknowledgement, including tracking credit card, check and wire donations, and mailing and receiving acknowledgement letters
- The reconciling and allocating of expenses according to program activity
- Must be current student, enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s program at an accredited college or university
- Candidates pursuing a degree in areas listed above preferred
- Must be eligible to receive academic credit from their college or university
- Spanish Speaking skills recommended
- Computer proficiency with MS Office products; building database reports, presentations, managing customized email communications to small and broad networks and audiences
- Experience managing and navigating social media communications
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and ability to connect with various constituencies including youth, parents/guardians, professional peers, executive level managers, influencers
- Strong ability to work independently as well as within and across teams in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Flexible with changing priorities and multi-tasking while maintaining a positive, optimistic attitude and demeanor
- A warm and unpretentious individual with high integrity who is committed to excellence, practices good judgment, exudes credibility, shares an authentic passion for cause-driven work
The position is available for the general Fall 2019 semester. Please note this is a non-paid internship, with flexible hours (minimum of 24 per week) to reflect your necessary college credit requirements.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Note – Roc Nation benefits and policies differ from Live Nation.