Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
The Global Supply Management team is responsible for managing suppliers and commercial issues for autonomous hardware development at Argo. Critical scope of GSM work is cost, schedule, risk mitigation and quality. GSMs key deliverables are commercial agreements, including ED&T negotiation, unit price, lead-time, licensing etc. Argo hires GSMs with strong commercial and technical skills so we can empower GSMs to influence major decisions for the company. GSMs work is very cross functional, involving communication at working level and management both internal to Argo and externally with suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Aide in the development of Argo AI’s global supply chain processes
- Work cross functionally with finance, procurement, and engineering to create should cost models and templates
- Create tools to support our supply chain strategy, and aide in identifying vendors that can best meet Argo AI’s requirements for technology, functionality, cost, and quality
- Work with a wide variety of teams within Argo and a wide variety of outside partners during both prototype development and production manufacturing
- Ensure process control and help to organize teams to mitigate risk
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a degree inDegree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- Interest in end-to-end supply chain management: from early engagement with engineering, supplier management, commercial contracts, RFPs/RFQs and product maturity
- Experience working with cross functional teams to identify and fix problems
- Coursework or experience with electrical, mechanical, optical engineering
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles
- Excellent teamwork, transparency and communication skills
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup ( https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/linkedin-top-startups-2018-50-most-sought-after-us-daniel-roth/ )