The City of Palo Alto Utilities’ Utility Program Services team has an excellent opportunity for a summer intern to gain experience in energy and water efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction. If you have a passion for the environment and want to be part of a mission to provide progressive, customer driven utility programs to a vibrant community, then this is the opportunity for you. You will work with a team dedicated to providing cost effective resource efficiency, renewable and sustainability programs to customers of the City of Palo Alto Utilities.
The City of Palo Alto Utilities (CPAU) is the only city-owned utility in California that owns and operates electric, fiber optic, natural gas, water and wastewater systems to provide economic and reliable service to its customers. CPAU has been providing quality services to the citizens and businesses of Palo Alto since 1896 with a vision to become a leader in providing innovative, sustainable, and reliable utilities services for its customers. CPAU is currently the only utility in the nation to provide carbon neutral electricity and natural gas supplies as a default to all its customers.
The Utility Customer Programs Assistant will work closely with one of our Program Managers and assist with the development of our Electric Vehicle Charger program for Multi-Family complexes in Palo Alto. The Utility Customer Programs Assistant will also have the opportunity to learn about and assist with other programs as work time permits.
- Undergraduate or High School student
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interest in energy and water efficiency
- Strong interest in greenhouse gas reduction and sustainability issues
- Strong interest in learning about all aspects of utility programs
- Work closely with Program Manager of Electric Vehicle Charging Station program and assist with updating utility customer contact information for Multi-family properties
- Work jointly with a CPAU contractor to engage with property managers
- May assist with marketing and webpage updates for program
- As time permits, may assist with other Program Managers with the Utility Program Services group
May perform work associated or equal in complexity with responsible City managerial or staff position. Classification may be used for individuals involved in confidential areas involved with employee relations, labor relations, and other discreet/confidential projects. Compensation to be determined according to tasks assigned and qualifications required.
This is a Limited Hourly non-benefited position and not to exceed 999 hours per fiscal year (July – June). The number of hours per week and schedule will be determined based on the assignment.