The intern will shadow experienced DMPK team representatives and will be exposed to numerous drug discovery teams. A gap in DMPK graduate education is the proper transition from a laboratory expert role into a project-facing strategic role. This internship will provide the experience and exposure to a critical component of the DMPK repertoire, and will provide a more thorough overview of what a position in industry (especially Takeda) would entail.
- Attend project meetings with various DMPK project representatives
- Provide a strategic and technical assessment following team meetings.
- Integrate information from other scientific disciplines and determine how it complements DMPK, and Drug Discovery
- Prepare strategic and technical recommendations to project teams
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Pharmaceutical science
- A student in a PhD-granting accredited program in at least their 3rd year of study
- Requires full approval of the intern’s principal investigator and school
- Exemplary verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in San Diego; no residency provided
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)