This internship is for Summer 2020.
Live Team Intern
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Live Team Intern to join our studio in beautiful San Diego, CA. If selected, you will contribute to the vision and development of leading game title, MLB The Show.
You will create an ongoing, interactive experience based on the current Major League Baseball season and dig into the history books to showcase the sport’s greatest moments and players. As the summer heats up, so do the opportunities for the Live Team to create compelling content in the game.
You will research, create, test and help launch new game content with the Live Team. This usually requires working with content tools, databases and spreadsheets, while keeping up with the latest MLB news and trends. In addition, bringing in a real passion for baseball history and statistics will be useful as we often adjust player attributes and grade players past performances for roster updates. We expect the team to maintain a collaborative spirit that inspires everyone to help find the right ideas and the best compromises.
- You will generate ideas, craft designs, perform testing and launch new content in MLB The Show
- You will track and provide reports on baseball trends, and watch highlights from the current MLB season
- You will research baseball players and history, and source images to assist the Live Team
- You will learn to use content tools to build and test new content in MLB The Show
- You will monitor social media platforms and forums for feedback from MLB The Show fans
- Interest in the sport of baseball and a willingness to live and breathe it with the Live Team
- Creative thinker with strong attention to detail
- Quality written communication skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts
- Positive attitude and a collaborative spirit in a group project setting
- Knowledge of competitive products and various game-play genres
- Major related to any of the following: Interactive Media/Video Games, Computer Science, Economics/Finance, Engineering/Math, Sports Management, Communications
- Experience in game or software development, especially UI/UX
- Strong math, probability, statistics, communications or organizational skills
- In-depth understanding of baseball rules, records, history and fantasy sports
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.