Mechanical Engineer Undergrad Internship
Innovation is in HP’s DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world’s leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Join us for a 12-week paid summer internship designed to let you apply your classroom learnings to real world challenges. Our internships have a thoughtful balance of networking, executive speakers, community involvement, big meaty projects (no paper filing here!) and fun!
As a Mechanical Engineer Intern, you will work with a team with Personal Systems on projects to:
- Design new computer hardware, creating blueprints of computer equipment to be built
- Test completed models of the computer hardware they design
- Analyze test results and modify design as needed
- Update existing computer equipment so that it will work with new software
- Oversee the manufacturing process for computer hardware
- Maintain knowledge of computer engineering trends and new technology
- Knowledge of Cad tools and biomechanical knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree Candidate with a focus on computer engineering, computer science, or mechanical engineering