At BAE Systems, we work with the start of the art technologies that will expand your realm of knowledge in the Software Engineering industry. You may have the opportunity to work with new client based frameworks like REACT / AngularJS, work with new architectures like AWS and Azure, new server side frameworks like GRADLE, SPRING Framework, etc. We have programs that work with SQL based databases such as Oracle as well as NOSQL based databases such as MongoDB, Allegrograph, Mark Logic, Redis, DynamoDB, and much more.
Our goal is to provide incoming interns with the most opportunity to grow past the academic realm of knowledge into the vast world of Software Engineering while also being able to provide meaningful contributions that makes a difference for our country and the world. We provide a very open, helpful environment that promotes growth, learning, and collaboration in order to obtain the best software engineers in the industry. In the past, our interns have praised the work that they have done, the program as a whole and the majority of them have continued on as full time employees after graduating.
If you want a challenging, rewarding experience, with a great open culture, and an opportunity to make a difference for our country and the world, please consider joining our highly praised internship program for Summer 2020!
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- Must be enrolled in a Graduate Program from an accredited university in Fall 2021.
- Must have a major in one of the following programs:
- Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Other Coding related degree
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
- Must have knowledge of Data Structures and Object Oriented Programing
- Must have a drive to learn and a passion for providing excellent products
- Proficient in one of the following languages:
Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of AGILE based development
- One or More of the following criterias
- Front End: Angular / HTML 5.0 / CSS 3.0 / React / JS / WebSockets / WebGL / Canvas / SASS / and more
- Back End: SPRING Framework / Gradle / Maven / KAFKA / Bash / NodeJS / and more
- Infrastructure: AWS / Azure / Gitlab / Jenkins / Git / and more
- Database: Oracle / MongoDB / REDIS / DynamoDB / Allegrograph / and more
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.