Our goal is to provide incoming interns with the most opportunity to grow past the academic realm of knowledge into the vast world of Systems Engineering while also being able to provide meaningful contributions that makes a difference for our country and the world. We provide a very open, helpful environment that promotes growth, learning, and collaboration in order to obtain the best software engineers in the industry. In the past, our interns have praised the work that they have done, the program as a whole and the majority of them have continued on as full time employees after graduating.
If you want a challenging, rewarding experience, with a great open culture, and an opportunity to make a difference for our country and the world, please consider joining our highly praised internship program for Summer 2020!
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a Graduate Student enrolled in an accredited Graduate Program in Fall 2021.
- Must have a major in one of the following programs:
- Computer Engineering / System Engineering / Engineering Management / Computer Science
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
- Ability and desire to learn and grow in the Systems Engineering field
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Team player with a proactive attitude wand ability to be productive in a dynamic / collaborative environment
- Understanding of waterfall or agile development SDLC approaches.
Preferred Skills and Education
- System Engineering related intern, work, hobby experience
- Knowledge of requirement management tools (e.g., Doors, etc.)
- Knowledge of software control management tools (e.g., ClearCase, Subversion, Git)
- Knowledge of agile based tasking management tools (e.g., Jira, Kanban, etc)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.