United States of America-California-San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA – United States
Are you excited about telling stories by analyzing and making sense of data? Are you interested in producing actionable insights from large data-sets that can power business decisions? Do you want to create impact by building models for a digital enterprise?
During the internship you will analyze enterprise operations data and build statistical models to better understand the consumption and adoption of enterprise services. You will collaborate with service managers, engineers and planners to produce these models that will inform strategies to enable a better experience for Autodesk employees.
The Service Portfolio team shapes the future of 90+ digital enterprise services at Autodesk by analyzing historical trends and current data, helping other teams make strategic decisions and driving transformational initiatives.
- Find correlations between data attributes and ways they affect each other e.g. what factors during incident resolution influence customer satisfaction scores and how
- Build statistical models (predictive and descriptive) for customer demand, satisfaction, sentiment and segmentation
- Build reporting models that can test for hypotheses or answer business questions
- Understand technology operations data from many different sources in detail to create these models
- Partner closely with service managers and engineers to understand the underlying data and help them understand they can consume your analysis
- Full-time student pursuing a master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics or other such quantitative field at an accredited program in the United States with at least one academic term to complete post internship to be eligible for internship participation.
- Proficiency with data analysis using Python & R and experience with open source data science toolkits (Pandas, SciPy, SciKitLearn, NLTK)
- Familiarity with various statistical and machine learning techniques including: classification, regression, dimension reduction, regularization, clustering and various multivariate methods
- Familiarity with relational data modeling and SQL
- Readiness to learn and pick up new technologies such as AWS Sagemaker to build, train and deploy your models
- Excellent oral and visual communication skills
- Generally adaptable and comfortable with complexity and uncertainty
- [bonus] Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- [bonus] Experience working with AWS tech like EC2, S3, Sagemaker etc
Internships @ Autodesk
Our summer internship program runs for ten to twelve weeks from June 2019–August 2019. We start interviewing in February and continue to on a rolling basis. We accept online applications through April but prioritize early submissions. Each internship project is assigned to a university recruiter who will review your qualifications. You may be considered for other roles that you didn’t directly apply for.
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.