United States of America-California-San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA – United States
Job ID: 19WD32225
The Experience Research Intern for the Global Customer Events team will research and visualize the Autodesk customer journey as it relates to events. An event can often create moments of inspiration, learning, and software purchase in a customer’s journey.
You’ll identify current issues and key moments of impact before, during, and after events like Autodesk University (the annual user conference attended by 11,000 customers), smaller local events, user-group meetups, and webinars. Research may include marketing communications, in-person and online learning, networking, and community.
- Plan, coordinate, develop and execute a research plan
- Gather and analyze data about customer interactions related to events by interviewing Autodesk customers and employees
- Construct a compelling artifact (i.e. workflow diagram, story board, or customer journey map) to convey the current
- Sharing customer insights with the broader organization in creative ways to increase customer empathy
- Full-time student pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, or a related field at an accredited program in the United States with at least one academic term to complete post internship to be eligible for internship participation.
- Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data sets or user feedback
- Highly collaborative and a good communicator
- Natural pattern-finder with curiosity
- Critical thinker
- Experience using Autodesk software
- Experience conducting research using various methods (surveys, 1:1 interviews, focus groups, etc.)
- Experience using visualization & workflow tools like Draw.io, OmniGraffle, Gliffy, or LucidChart
- Passion for user-centered design practice
Internships @ Autodesk
Our summer internship program runs for ten to twelve weeks from June 2019–August 2019. We start interviewing in February and continue to on a rolling basis. We accept online applications through April but prioritize early submissions. Each internship project is assigned to a university recruiter who will review your qualifications. You may be considered for other roles that you didn’t directly apply for.
Our Autodesk interns have the opportunity to work alongside peers from universities all over the country and participate in location-based intern events such as tech talks, design nights, mentoring, networking with leadership, baseball games, bowling, amusement parks and more. Benefits for interns include medical, dental, vision, sick leave, volunteer time and paid holiday. In addition, interns receive up to $500 wellness reimbursement (towards eligible purchases) per calendar year.
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is t expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.