Huawei is currently looking for motivated interns in the field of Software Defined Storage (SDS) and IT Infrastructure (focus on Storage) who want to learn and contribute to the cutting edge research in storage and media. The Silicon Valley IT Infrastructure (Storage) R&D Lab is looking for Interns for summer of 2019.
The interns join a team focused on Storage Class Memory (SCM) in a highly fast-paced R&D environment, and works on self-contained projects like:
- Studying and Characterizing LSM merging under different workloads.
- Near Data Processing on Blob Drives
- Kafka-like streaming service leveraging SCM and RDMA
- Ph.D. candidates in Computer Science or a related field.
- Solid background of computer architecture, storage systems or database systems.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems or database storage engines.
- Track record of delivering from proof-of-concept to product
- Strong coding (C/C++/Java/go) and analytical skills.
- A team player that can work independently.
- Knowledge of Storage Class Memory (SCM), SSD, HDD, RAID/EC.
- Knowledge of data indexing, data layout, accessing, updating, logging and recovery.
- Knowledge of thread level parallelism (TLP) and instruction level parallelism (ILP).
- Familiar with NoSQL, NewSQL and/or other database engines.
- Familiar with RDMA and other network technologies.
- Communication and data presentation skills.