Sales Operations Intern – Onboarding & Training
Location: Santa Clara, CA
WHO WE ARE
Imagine your work day dominated less by emails and spreadsheets and more time is given back to you to do your actual job. At ServiceNow, we are making work life more lifelike and changing the way the biggest companies in the world are doing business.
Our technology helps structure and automate the flow of work to streamline the delivery of services across the modern enterprise so that individuals can have everything they need within their fingertips, just like they do in real life.
Why work @ ServiceNow?
Here’s what previous interns had to say about working at ServiceNow:
- Managers aren’t just leaders, they are mentors.
- We learn how to handle situations not necessarily related to work – no other company offers this kind of opportunity.
- ServiceNow has the fast pace of a startup, but the stability of a bigger company.
- There is plenty of room to grow and move up for go-getters & high achievers!
- A great positive work environment. Everyone is always willing to help out when I have a question.
- I have always said the best aspect of ServiceNow is the people, and that has continued to be true in every department and every team with which I have had the privilege to work with.
The Sales Finance and Commercial Operations team provides financial and operational business support to help Sales sell. We own the strategies and business processes that enable Sales Proposals, the Deals Desk, Pricing Operations, Customer Compliance and financial planning and analysis for Solution Consulting and Product Line Sales.
Working as a part of the Customer Compliance and Analytics team, you will complete your summer having ideated, developed and deployed an employee onboarding and training portal, including the development of training video’s, documents and other critical collateral, all presented to the user in an appealing, intuitive and consumable way that gamifies the completion of our employee onboarding process.
What you’ll be doing:
- First, you will need to conduct some research. Work with our global team of analysts to learn about how we on-board new members of the team today. Collect feedback from the team to identify how our on-boarding process can be improved based on their experience.
- Having a solid understanding of the current on-boarding process and analyst experience, work with the team to conceptualize what the on-boarding process of the future should look like. What should be taught (both organizationally and functionally)? In what sequence? How should the training be delivered? On what timeline should a new employee expect to begin and finish training? How will you keep the training interesting and motivate new employees to stay on track?
- Based on this, develop and execute a project plan to create the on-baording process of the future and ideate, design and develop an intuitive, user friendly portal where this information can be consumed
- Work side by side with our analysts to develop engaging videos, how to documents and other collateral required to get a new analyst up to speed in their new role.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university, returning for at least a final term following the summer internship
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Management Information Systems or a related field
- Familiarity with learning and development (L&D) programs
Passion for project management and an obsession with user expereince
- Self-starter, team player and self-motivated
- Preferred: Expereince with video production and training development for semi-techncial roles
What’s it like to work @ ServiceNow?
Career growth is a way of life at ServiceNow; our managers truly develop employees. Add new skills to your resume, take on new challenges and discover your full potential.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.