Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for patients with neurodegenerative diseases through deep commitment to understanding degeneration biology and rigorously applying the principles of translational medicine. Collaboration with partners across academia, industry and non-profit organizations is central to Denali’s strategy.
Denali is seeking an Intern for preclinical Pathology group. The individual will perform quantitiative image analysis of IHC staining in nervous tissue from primates, in order to support a publication. The intern will gain a thorough understanding of nervous system anatomy and function. In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to learn how Clinical and Anatomic pathology data are incorporated into general toxicology studies in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Work under supervision of Denali Staff Pathologist to conduct microscopic assessment and quantitive image analysis of H&E and immunohistochemically stained tissues to support a publication.
- Analyze results and present work to Denali Safety Assessment group
- Candidates pursuing a neuroscience, veterinary or medical degree are preferred
- Coursework in Anatomy and physiology (comparative); neuroscience, statistics
- Energetic, result-driven, self-starter with ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications