The mission of the Records and Tax Administration of Johnson County is to provide the taxpayer, our employer, with quality service and efficient operating procedures. It is our duty to provide these services in a trusted and secure environment that protects the interests of the taxpayer. Through dedicated personnel and emerging technology, we continue to strive for excellence in these endeavors. The Records and Tax Administration Department is currently seeking two candidates for the position of Archives Intern. The Archives Interns will assist Archives Technicians in various organization and preservation projects. These projects are hands-on and will require a fair amount of physical activity. Additionally, interns will gain familiarity with workflows for the acquisition, preservation, retention, and destruction of records, as well as best practices for a professional archival facility.
The Archives Intern position is a temporary position that will end on, or before, December 31, 2018, Archives Interns will be working at the Johnson County Archives facility located at 19310 159th St, Olathe, KS 66062. Pay is $12.50 an hour. Applications for this job will be accepted through 6:00 p.m. on August 17, 2018.
Responsibilities include assisting Archivist Technicians in the following duties:
- Answering phones, referring calls and customers; greeting customers and giving standard information in response to phone, email, or in-person inquiries.
- Creating and maintaining files both public and confidential; distributing reports and performing data entry into systems; typing form letters, labels, mail merges, and correspondence; proofreading information; scheduling appointments, meetings, and other functions.
- Assisting customers with completing routine forms when appropriate; collecting forms and any supporting documents, reviewing for accuracy and completeness; copying, collating, and routing forms to appropriate locations or staff.
- Maintaining effective communication and good working relationships with employees at all levels of the County and customers outside the department in all key functional areas.
- Occasionally working with warehouse equipment.
- Calculating and collecting fees for payment; resolving a variety of basic customer complaints, problems, and billing disputes; completing preliminary audit of cash and checks collected.
Proficiencies for candidates to be successful in this temporary position include strong analytical skills, research skills, the ability to interpret data and analyze information as well as strong attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Students pursuing a degree in Library Science, Archival Management, Museum Studies, History or a related field are preferred.
Kansas Department of Transportation
6 days ago
Overland Park, KS
24 days ago
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Kansas City, MO
10 days ago
Kansas Historical Society
Shawnee County, KS
The State of Kansas –
11 days ago
The Nelson Gallery Foundation
Kansas City, MO
12 days ago