- Model basic parts and components including injection molded plastic, die cast aluminum and zinc, sheet metal, CNC machined and screw machine fabricated parts, compression molded rubber, extrusions, display components, flex circuits, touch panels, speaker enclosures, mounting systems, etc.
- Specify requirements for and source parts such as electrical connectors, speakers, microphones, LCD’s, backlights, keypads, switches, electric motors, screw machined parts, rotary controls, batteries and antennas
- Develop and design test plans for basic mechanical systems and conduct testing of products to verify compliance with design requirements
- Interface with Electrical Engineers, Industrial Designers, and toolmakers for discussion of basic designs.
- Maintain configuration control of documentation for products in production and interface with available drafting and document control resources
- Applies design standards and procedures to implement basic designs
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Organization Consumer Engineering
Job Class Non-exempt
How about Kansas City? That’s our home. That’s where Garmin put a stake in the ground in 1989. We’v…