- Utilize tools such as Git, Gerrit, or Jira in the software development process
- Create and executes designs for software components within a larger project
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes
- Utilize software development tools and Instruments to develop, test, debug, and deploy quality software
- Must demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or training necessary to develop basic software in C, C++, C#, Java, assembly language, or other selected languages
- Experience with some of the following: Objective-C/Swift, Ulkit, Coredata AND/OR Java/Kotlin, latest Android SDK, Android Studio
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Note: the person will be working with both Android and iOS in this role
Previous work or internship experience in design, particularly for consumer products is highly preferred!
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.
Organization Consumer Engineering
Job Class Exempt
How about Kansas City? That’s our home. That’s where Garmin put a stake in the ground in 1989. We’ve grown substantia…