The ServiceNow Developer Intern will be responsible for working backlog of items within our ServiceNow backlog. Gathering and documenting user and process requirements, functional requirements, and developing technical requirements. Developing workflow customizations, and supporting the Service transformation teams. The Service Now Developer will work closely with business and IT teams to gather input to support ongoing business needs for Service Now configuration, implementation and support. As new technologies emerge and impact Service Now, the Service Now Developer is expected to learn these applications very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new applications with our systems.
Key Job Functions:
- Working to close out ServiceNow backlog items
- Creating ServiceNow forms and workflows
- Adjusting user group assignments
- Creating and adding fields to existing forms
- Collaborate effectively, develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes / requests
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the processes, standards, policies, working methods, and tools
- Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place to have a development/production environment that is reliable and reproducible
- Participate in ongoing production support and end user support.
- Ability to learn / work in the ServiceNow platform as an Admin/Developer including the delegation of groups, modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, UI configuration, catalog items, reports, and updates.
- Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) frameworks.
- Understanding of Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Event, and Configuration Management, and correlated functionality, in ServiceNow.
- Must have a passion for enabling business through technology.
- Understanding of relational databases and queries.
- Ability to function in different roles i.e. Business Analyst, Developer, and quality assurance tester as required
- Capable of analyzing and solving problems, both technical and process related
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, client relation skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have or are pursuing BA/BS in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Hours / Details:
- This will be a paid internship
- Expected minimum hours of 25 hours per week, and no more than 32.
- Will need to be onsite to begin, but over time, if proven some remote work may be allowed and flexible schedule
NIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, to view our Equal Opportunity policy, visit http://www.egov.com/careers.