Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
- Evaluate man-machine interface using human factors and ergonomic principles to optimize safety and performance
- Perform task and error analysis and cognitive mental workload assessments
- Assist with data collection through observation of flight crew activities in lab, cockpit mockup, or aircraft settings
- Assist with functional, task, or anthropometric analysis using tools such as checklists, surveys, videotaping, and force measurement
- May assist in preparing certification plans, ground and flight test plans, certification reports, and other documents
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in:
- Human Factors Engineering
- Behavioral Science
- Industrial Engineering
- Aviation, Cognitive or Industrial Psychology
- Understanding of basic pilot and aircraft operations. Pursuing or obtained a pilot’s license a plus
- Experience with electronic drafting tools such as CATIA V5 and VPM is helpful
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Kansas-Wichita
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: First Shift
Job Posting: 07/16/2019, 12:44:55 PM