Req. ID: 140147
Are you passionate about semiconductors and fabrication? Micron is looking for motivated students for hands on work in semiconductor memory. As a Yield Enhancement intern in the failure analysis (FA) group at Micron, you will get an opportunity to work on fail isolation techniques on long-life memory technology. Goal of this internship is to support quick and high quality turnaround of localizing and finding failure to enable transfer and yield improvement of processes technology nodes.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- You will have the opportunity to perform SEM/FIB/TEM analysis
- Give detailed pass down concerning challenges and approaches to meet those challenges as well as work from information that may be passed down to you.
- Build and improve on existing strategies and find exceptional ways to use the existing tools in order to and seek out ways to augment the workflow
- Develop/adopt solutions to improve the efficiency of data acquisition process in SEM/TEM
- Project level tasks assigned to you will require a high level of critical thinking and problem solving
- Preparing TEM lamellas, using a FIB/SEM platform, for top-down/planar or cross section analysis regularly
- Providing some analytical analysis such as metrology measurements, elemental analysis (e.g. EDS or EELS), and crystallography analysis
- Supporting the transfer of processes into production, particularly related to SEM/FIB/TEM preparation, imaging, and analysis
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to find creative solutions to the challenges
- Passionate about learning semiconductor memory and fabrication.
- Drive to succeed and ability to energize the team
- Highly motivated with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Possess a continuous improvement process (CIP) mindset where you are always looking for ways to improve the operations of the area
You need course work in electron microscopy theory as well as exposure to TEM lamella preparation and TEM operation. We are looking for teammates with a strong background and interest in materials characterization using TEM, EDS and EELS. Knowledge and/or operation of SEMs, FIBs, and Dual Beams is a plus. Individuals should have some basic understanding of memory operation with some experience in working in a laboratory. Familiarity with physics, chemistry, thermodynamics (through coursework or employment) is expected. You should also have good analytical and problem-solving skills and be highly motivated. You need a strong work ethic and the capability to work independently and in teams. Strong communication, computer skills, and presentation skills are advantageous.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science Engineering or related field.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Manassas || Virginia (US-VA) || United States (US) || Frontend Manufacturing || Intern || Internship || Engineering || Not Applicable ||
Today’s demanding applications require not just more memory, but new memory